Riding Video :D

Wednesday 10 February 2010

Day 14

Day 14 Friday 5/2/2010





Thekkady to Kottayam – 190 Km


The last day, all we have to do now is keep safe and finish the rally. Alex, the Team leader emphasised during the briefing that most serious accidents happen on the last day. People want their last ‘blast’ and get careless. We were warned that after yesterday there were to be no antics and to avoid any ‘offs’ all the team and the medics wanted to enjoy the last night party and not spend it in a hospital or even worse delivering someone to the ‘back door’ of the hospital. A great riding day, warm and with loads of great bends. Towards the end the traffic got busier and more aggressive an oncoming bus actually brushed my right arm at speed! The last 3km in was done I convoy, all horns blaring and people standing on the pegs. We entered the huge car park at the Lakesong resort; there were dancers and elephants to greet us. We had covered over 2000km, laughed every day, made great friends and we were all going home complete with bruises and some breaks.





I leave India knowing that I will go back. It is a wonderful country and there is so much more to see. I leave India with a little bit of India with me. I leave India with a little bit of me there, namely all my socks, all my undies and all my t-shirts which I threw away or gave away wherever I stayed!

No comments:

Route Map - Click on map for intinerary

Route Map - Click on map for intinerary
From Goa To Cochin - Two weeks and Two Thousand Kilometres

My Ride For The Trip

My Ride For The Trip
The Royal Enfield Bullet - 350cc

My Usual Ride

My Usual Ride
Harley Davidson Street Bob - 1584cc

Click the logo below to view the Enduro India website