Riding Video :D

Saturday 23 January 2010

My First Day

Sent to my family in the UK:


Arrived Saturday 23



I have arrived at the Taj hotel, Mumbai for my last bit of luxury before meeting the other 97 riders on Monday.
Security is very apparent here after the attack last year. The car which the hotel itself had arranged to pick me up from the airport had to have a check under the bonnet and in the boot as well as guys with mirrors checking under the car before we were allowed onto the front of the hotel. Then I had to put my crash helmet and backpack through an airport x-ray machine and myself through a met detector before I could get to front lobby of hotel! Since on Tuesday it’s a national holiday parties are happening under the "gateway" so there are armed guards outside everywhere! It is all very reassuring though safety wise :D. But been a busy day with lots of reasons to stay awake I'm very happy to of taken a few days to acclimatize because I'm finding it hard at certain times in the day. But it is already extremely exciting.





I would also like to say a huge thank-you to everybody who has donated recently towards the charities, much appreciated.

No comments:

Route Map - Click on map for intinerary

Route Map - Click on map for intinerary
From Goa To Cochin - Two weeks and Two Thousand Kilometres

My Ride For The Trip

My Ride For The Trip
The Royal Enfield Bullet - 350cc

My Usual Ride

My Usual Ride
Harley Davidson Street Bob - 1584cc

Click the logo below to view the Enduro India website